Monday, February 16, 2009

My time is not my own.

Gah! I have sworn for the past...um...week and a half that I would write entries for this site. Yet, every day I struggle to get the simplest tasks done. Babies = enormous time sink. Good thing they are so cute.

I should note that I am writing this post from my brand new, kickass laptop. It is a D*ll mini (12 inch) running Ubuntu and it ROCKS! Thanks, Dad for speccing it out. I love it (and it was a great deal).

So - exactly 4 weeks ago I was in labour. I promise to write more about that, and about the first month of Teddy's life. In the next little bit, look for entries (interesting to no one other than me, probably) including:

- Recap of the pregnancy
- Labour and Delivery
- Dehydration day (aka the day where I cried more that any other day ever)
- Stupid, stupid tongue tie
- My romance with the Med*la Symphony pump
- Thrush (if only I were talking about the bird)
- General Teddy stuff

The baby is doing very well -- gaining weight like a trooper and getting chubby. He'd better watch out -- the Italian relatives will be cheek pinching soon! We've been getting tonnes of help from both my parents (who have been superstars). Dave has been captain diaper change and feeding and soothing (often while I am romancing the breast pump). The cats are adjusting, Moe more than Gunther. Gunther is an emotional eater, so I am sure that the vet will yell at us during his check up as he's gained some weight in the past month.

Sleep is coming in two or three hour chunks, but if we get enough of them we're all good. Teddy is an absolute delight and I look forward to writing more about him when I get a chance. In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures to distract you:





Edward Vincent (aka Teddy)
Born January 20th, 2009 at 11:01 a.m.
8 lbs, 4 oz and 21 inches long.

2 comments: