Saturday, October 8, 2011

Autumn Sunlight

I love so many things about this time of year. I was born in October, so my love for this month started early. But it's harvest season, and the leaves begin their fiery change. The weather is warm and sunny. It is arguably the nicest time of year in Central Canada, and we celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving . The only sting is that it's finite, that winter is around the corner. That and all the 'scary' crap; Hallowe'en is not my favourite time and I HATE horror.

But possibly my favourite thing this time of year? Is the light.

The light in the afternoon is to me like a little taste of heaven. Warm, with orange and yellow hues, and soft, soft shadows. It makes me want to remember every single moment that we bask in this glorious light, mental pictures that will never fade.

In the past decade, I've missed this time of year many times. I've been elsewhere so often (or in a newborn stupor, as I was last year). I've been in Italy, in Maryland/DC, in rainy Vermont, in Bermuda, in Vegas, in LA. So rarely have I been here to frolic in this gorgeous light
.
But how lucky am I that one year, I was exactly where I wanted to be. And I was making the best decision of my life - joining my life to Dave's. Seven years ago, on Oct. 9, 2004, we were married. And our beautiful wedding photos are filled with this glorious light, a light that pales in comparison to the brightness his love brings me. I am so blessed.




Happy Anniversary, Dave.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!

    And, damn, we did make a fine looking wedding party, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Anniversary!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Hooray for October weddings! Fall is my favorite time of year, too, once it starts to cool off a little bit. You're so right about the gorgeous light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sniff! What a lovely post! Glad I was invited to share in your day!! Happy anniversary of many...

    ReplyDelete