Sunday, August 19, 2012

The end of this phase

The bags (mine and the children's) and lunches (mine and Dave's) are packed. The outfits are chosen and set aside. I just finished my last load of cloth diaper laundry...and least until next weekend. I'll need to head to bed really soon, as I'll be heading out the door around 6:30 a.m. tomorrow (and even earlier for most days after that).

I'm due back to work tomorrow. And I'm surprisingly chill about it. It's what I need to do right now for everyone's future, and we adore our care provider. Big, unbloggable-for-now stuff continues to happen, and it's a busy, exciting, and sometimes nervous time. If you're a pray-er, would you mind keeping all the members of our little family in your prayers tomorrow?

But oh! I have really enjoyed this phase. I never expected to enjoy being home with my kids so much, but here we are. I mean, we hope to be blessed with more kids, so maybe I'll end up back here again. But there are no guarantees, so I've tried -- not always sucessfully -- to enjoy the little moments of the day with the kiddos. The random dance parties, the hours spent at the park, the snuggles...and tried to focus less on the not-as-rosy parts. It has been a great ride with these two, and even though the rhythm of our days will change drastically starting tomorrow, I will always cherish the memory of these years and look forward to different memories in the future.


  1. Good luck on your first day back at work! I'm going back for my first day after 2 *weeks* off and I feel like I've forgotten what I do there, so I can't imagine what it's like after 2 *years* - but I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it! And you know that the kids are in good hands with their care provider - and how awesome will it be to come home to those cute little faces at the end of the work day!

  2. Good luck, Sarah! First days are hard. I hope yours goes well.

  3. Oh, I'm so behind on blogs, but I hope it was wonderful.