Sunday, August 19, 2012

The end of this phase

The bags (mine and the children's) and lunches (mine and Dave's) are packed. The outfits are chosen and set aside. I just finished my last load of cloth diaper laundry...and least until next weekend. I'll need to head to bed really soon, as I'll be heading out the door around 6:30 a.m. tomorrow (and even earlier for most days after that).

I'm due back to work tomorrow. And I'm surprisingly chill about it. It's what I need to do right now for everyone's future, and we adore our care provider. Big, unbloggable-for-now stuff continues to happen, and it's a busy, exciting, and sometimes nervous time. If you're a pray-er, would you mind keeping all the members of our little family in your prayers tomorrow?

But oh! I have really enjoyed this phase. I never expected to enjoy being home with my kids so much, but here we are. I mean, we hope to be blessed with more kids, so maybe I'll end up back here again. But there are no guarantees, so I've tried -- not always sucessfully -- to enjoy the little moments of the day with the kiddos. The random dance parties, the hours spent at the park, the snuggles...and tried to focus less on the not-as-rosy parts. It has been a great ride with these two, and even though the rhythm of our days will change drastically starting tomorrow, I will always cherish the memory of these years and look forward to different memories in the future.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first day back at work! I'm going back for my first day after 2 *weeks* off and I feel like I've forgotten what I do there, so I can't imagine what it's like after 2 *years* - but I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it! And you know that the kids are in good hands with their care provider - and how awesome will it be to come home to those cute little faces at the end of the work day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Sarah! First days are hard. I hope yours goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so behind on blogs, but I hope it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete