Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I wonder who'd play Stringer Bell?

Both my kids are starting Speech Therapy, though for different reasons. I am torn about how much to talk about it here -- it's not my story to tell, and I'm not even 100% sure what T's underlying issues are, but that's what been eating up a lot of my mental energy that's not related to the unbloggable stuff.

We are super fortunate because one of my friends from University is an SLP, now lives in the area, and has just started taking patients again after having 3 kids. Julie is AMAZING, loves working with preschoolers, and is excited to be working with my guys. Teddy will be getting assessed next week, and Veronica had her first session today. It went really well.

I'm not sure if it's our encouragement, or the fact that she's 23 months today, but Veronica has recently embraced the word "No" with such enthusiasm it defies description. She busts it out in hilarious ways, but this afternoon took the cake. While I was doing dinner prep, she sat in her brother's chair, played with books and toys, and -- I kid you not -- had a 4 minute chirpy conversation only using the word 'no' in as may possible ways as possible.


It was like something out of "The Wire", only G-rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment