Monday, July 23, 2012

July is flying by...

Summer's a scorcher around here. In the five years we've lived in this house, it has never been this dry. Our yard is shady, but any non-shaded grass anywhere is yellow and dead. It's over 40 C with humidex today (so over 100 F) and wow! I'm very thankful to have air conditioning.

So - hello! Time is flying, flying, flying. But four weeks from today, I will be back at my full-time job. I am incredibly fortunate to still have a job to go back to after two years, especially in light of all the government cuts happening (my job is unaffected). If I stayed off on unpaid leave, though, they'd be able to back-fill my position and with so many people whose jobs have been eliminated, this is not a great time to be searching. So, back to work for me.

My return is tied to something potentially awesome, something as-yet-unbloggable, which is eating up all spare time and causing lengthy absences from stuff Twitter. I'll be able to talk about it eventually, but for right now, it's keeping us hopping.

My plan is to try to post SOMETHING every day over the next 4 weeks, because I won't be able to do much once I'm back at work. It'll likely be a lot of stuff about the kids, but there you go.

I hope that you're all well!

1 comment:

  1. The thought of going back is honestly the biggest hurdle I have over quitting in the first place (well, perhaps second biggest after discretionary spending). Part of it is the job searching, as you said, but just going to work every day after not for so long would be super stressful. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete