Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday movie FAIL (sort of)

Tonight, all I wanted to do (after mass, dinner and Teddy's bed time) was to have a rum and egg nog and to watch a holiday movie. I had hoped that one of the 'on demand' channels would feature one, but no dice. We cased our DVD collection (some of my movies still reside at my parents' place) and the only movie I have? Is 'White Christmas', which is great but needs to be watched further into Advent.

Aside: Gunther just knocked Dave's (now empty) glass off its coaster. It held rum and egg nog with a dusting of nutmeg. We'd forgotten that Gunther is NUTSO for nutmeg. His equivalent of kookoo for Cocopuffs, I guess.

We started watching 'Fan Boys' on demand (I am powerless to resist Veronica Mars aka Kristen Bell) but I realized that we have Die Hard on VHS. And I've never seen it. So I'm writing this as Dave is setting up the VCR. And boy - VHS on an HD TV is spectacle.

My parents, bless them, are bringing holiday movies with them when they visit tomorrow. Copies of 'You've Got Mail' and 'Love Actually'. I should probably break down and buy copies of 'Meet Me in St. Louis' and 'It's a Wonderful Life'.

Any other recommendations? What am I missing?

3 comments:

  1. In a pinch, you can always rent/buy movies through iTunes. That just hit me - don't know why I didn't think of that when you were tweeting about this!

    My favourite Christmas movie is The Grinch (the original one, not the Jim Carrey one)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf is so much fun! Will Ferrel can be obnoxious at times, but he's just so childlike in this one. Another one which is destined to be Teddy's favourite is The Muppet's Christmas Carol. And Olive the Other Reindeer.

    Naturally, I can't remember any others right now despite the fact I see them going out all day long during the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Actually is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete