Monday, November 30, 2009

NaBloPoMo success!

I am wheezing to the finish line, but I've done it - posted every day for 30 days. Hooray!

I had a great day with lots of family (mine and Dave's). This afternoon, I picked up my Nonna and we headed over to my Uncle Fred's school. Fred is the principal of an elementary school (he has been for years) but this is one he just opened last year and I hadn't yet seen it. It was great to get a tour and to learn all about St. Josephine Bakhita . Most of my family are teachers in the Catholic school system (well, Mom is retired), but she's an unusual saint. It's a school in Brampton, though, and it's ethnically diverse, so she's a great patroness.

After that, my Nonna came back here and hung out with my inlaws for several hours. I am really lucky - our families get along really well, and we had a great afternoon. At around 4, Nonna, Teddy and I headed to Aunt Pat's house for dinner. We hung out there until just after 7, when I piled a sleepy Teddy into the car for the quick trip back to Georgetown. It was great; I miss being able to just hang out at my Aunt's house.

And now - I am POOPED. Congratulations to all of you other NaBloPoMo-ers who finished out the month. I will post again soon, but BOY - I think a bit of a break is in order!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I've been enjoying reading your postings every day - hope you don't take too long of a break!

    ReplyDelete