At our parish, in addition to the full immersion font, we have preset baptismal dates. We have our godparents - Dave's brother Barry and my Aunt Linda. But the upcoming dates are less than ideal. They are:
- two dates in the dead of winter. Since the bulk of our families are from out of town (both godparents live a 4+ hour drive away and don't relish the highway drive required to get here), asking them to come to our snowy city at that time of year is just cruel.
- March 6th - the 40th birthday of her future godfather and the day before her future godmother's 60th. Also not fair.
- Nothing during Lent, obviously.
- May 8th - aka Mother's Day.
- June 19th - aka Father's Day.
It's brutal, though - she'll be nearly 10 months old! Father Boyd has already started to ask: "When will I get to baptize this one?" and it'll still be another 6+ months.
No one can say that they don't have sufficient notice, though!